Golf Course Open - Clubhouse Closed.
(updated 01 June at 08:25)
|Behind the 8th green is a Trig. Point (the common name for a Triangulation Pillar). These pillars were built by Ordnance Survey for the re-triangulation of Britain which began in 1936 and was finally completed in 1962. This process made the making of accurate maps possible. About 5,500 of the original 6500 built survive. Like an iceberg there is more of the pillar below the surface than above.|