Golf course, Clubhouse & Pro Shop are now closed until further notice.
(updated 24 March at 00:06)
|Behind the 8th green is a Trig. Point (the common name for a Triangulation Pillar). These pillars were built by Ordnance Survey for the re-triangulation of Britain which began in 1936 and was finally completed in 1962. This process made the making of accurate maps possible. About 5,500 of the original 6500 built survive. Like an iceberg there is more of the pillar below the surface than above.|